Updated 26th March 2021 

A  message from Hayley Selway, Chief Executive:

I’d like to thank you for your patience and understanding whilst we have had to adapt our services throughout the year due to the lockdown and Welsh Government Covid restrictions.

I know the challenges may continue for many of our tenants, particularly if you are faced with unemployment and money difficulties.  We are here to help with these types of issues. Please contact our money and support teams if you need any advice on 029 2046 8493 or send a WhatsApp message to 0796 662 5678 and we will call you back.

In line with Government guidelines, we will soon be restarting our Stock Condition Survey Programme (these are surveys to find out when we will need to replace things in your home such as windows, kitchens and bathrooms).  We already have our two year programme drawn up and you will be contacted by letter when your home is due a survey.    So that we can carry out this survey please allow us access to your home if you are given an appointment.  Our team will always carry identification and wear all necessary PPE to keep you and our team safe.    All our other services and repairs remain unchanged – please see below.


Chief Executive Officer


Information on the New Lockdown Measures from 4th January 2021


From 4th January CCHA will be providing a reduced service in line with the new lockdown measures from Welsh Government.  A list of services being delivered is detailed below.

Service Service provided
 – Carry out emergency and urgent repairs inside your home Yes
– Carry out repairs that are classed as not being urgent (routine) inside your home Yes

Jobs started before the lockdown or booked in will be completed whenever possible.  No further non- urgent repairs (routine) will be booked in.

– Undertake all external and communal area works such as the outside of properties or in corridors of flats Yes
– Undertake communal inspections such as fire alarm testing and checks to make sure  buildings are safe Yes
 – Carry out communal cleaning Yes
– Check bin stores, complete any landscaping work and check that your neighbourhood is clean and well maintained Yes
– Carry out disabled adaptations to your home such as walk in showers and adaptations such as hand rails and grab rails Yes
– Inspecting work after a contractor has completed it Yes
– Carry out all health and safety repairs and servicing e.g. a gas service, an electrical service, asbestos inspections, fire safety inspections, lift inspections Yes
 – Work with you to get you into your new home Yes
–  Support some mutual exchanges and transfers where tenants exchange their homes or transfer to another CCHA or Council/Housing Association home Yes

These will be considered on a case by case basis.  We will contact you if your mutual exchange can’t go ahead.


– Ensure you can contact with your Housing Officer or  support from the Money Advice or Support Teams Yes – with the service provided  remotely e.g., by phone or email or over the internet
– Support you with any neighbourhood nuisance or anti-social behaviour concerns Yes – however some services may be provided remotely via the phone or virtually over the internet. Some site visits will be undertaken in exceptional circumstances.


Your safety remains our highest priority.  If our staff have to visit your home to deliver any of these services, they will be equipped with full PPE.  They will also be following social distancing rules to keep you, and us, safe.  If you would like further information on this, please see the video we have produced (with English, Arabic and Somali subtitles). This shows what you can expect when we visit your home.  Click :  VIDEOS We can also arrange to have any information translated.

To help us complete your repairs safely, when reporting or arranging works please let us know if anyone in your home is self-isolating, has a positive diagnosis of Covid 19 (Coronavirus) or has any symptoms associated with it (a high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss of taste or smell)

We will resume our usual services to you as soon as we can, following any change in guidance from Welsh Government.

Thank you for your patience at this difficult time and stay safe.



Frequently Asked Questions

1. Can you tell me the different ways in which I can pay my rent if I can’t leave the house because of the coronavirus?
• Using My Account at:  www.ccha.org.uk our online payment system, using your debit or credit card. You will need your tenancy reference number. This can be found on your rent statement. Paying this way is free and available seven days a week. NOTE the service is unavailable between the hours of 11:00PM and 02:00AM each night.

• By Direct Debit: this is the easiest way to pay your rent.  Please contact us on 029 2046 8490 to set up a Direct Debit over the phone. You can choose weekly, fortnightly, four weekly or monthly payments.

• You can pay by phone on 029 2046 8490.

• You can pay by bank transfer or BACS payment. Our bank details are:
Account name: Cardiff Community Housing Association Ltd
Bank Address:
Barclays Bank plc
1-5 St Davids Way
St Davids Centre
South Glamorgan
CF10 2DP
Account Number: 80048704
Sort Code: 20-18-23


2. My employer has told me not to come to work because of the Coronavirus. My income this month will be affected – do I still need to pay my rent?
You will still need to pay your rent as usual but we understand that the spread of coronavirus in the UK could have implications for your income.

.Please contact us on 029 2046 8490 if you think you are going to have difficulty paying your rent.

If you are an employee and earn at least £118 a week, you are entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP). Usually you must be off for at least four days in a row, but the Government has announced SSP will be paid from the first day if you are off sick and it is related to Coronavirus. If you’re not eligible for SSP, you might be able to claim other benefits.

If you would like any additional advice on claiming these benefits please contact our Money Advice Team on 02920 468493 or contact a local advice agency such as CAB, Shelter, or the DWP. Alternatively you can email the team at money@ccha.org.uk and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note, we receive a high volume of calls between 9am-11am so it is best to avoid these times if you can.

3.  Will the Customer Service Centre at Meteor Street, Adamsdown remain open?

We have decided to close our offices at Meteor Street, Adamsdown, and Tolven Court, Splott from Wednesday 18th March. This is to protect you and our staff. If you do need to contact us then please call us on 029 2046 8490 so we can help. We have staff available to take rent payments, and emergency repairs.

4. I am due to hand my keys in to end my tenancy, what should I do?

Please contact us on 029 2046 8490

5. I am due to sign and move into my new home. Will this still go ahead?

Please contact us on 029 46 8490

6.  Will communal areas in flats still be cleaned?

For your safety we have asked our cleaning contractor to continue to carry out cleaning that will help to limit the spread of coronavirus. They are cleaning down all surfaces such as doors and door handles. They are taking all necessary precautions, using gloves, hand gels and other materials. They are screening all staff before they go out to work to ensure that they do not have any symptoms.  We are grateful, that their dedicated staff continue to support us all in this way.

We encourage tenants who find it difficult storing items inside their properties, frequently having to leave items in common areas, to contact us to discuss possible solutions, such as alternative storage arrangements or cycle racks.

7. I think someone in my block of flats has contracted the coronavirus, what should I do?
If you think you’ve been in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response 

to find out what to do.

The Government advice to prevent the spread is as follows:
• Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
• Avoid close contact with people
• If you feel unwell, stay at home and do not attend work or school
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue in the bin and then wash your hands immediately
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment

CCHA will follow any advice provided by the Government following a confirmed case of coronavirus in our properties.

8. How long will the period be before we resume normal service following any closure or restriction of services?
We will be closely following the advice of the Government and will look to resume normal services as soon as possible.