Pay Rent

Paying your rent is a priority. If you are having problems paying please let us know as soon as possible so we can help you. Visit our Money Advice section for further details.

You can pay your rent in the following ways:

  • Using My Account, our online payment system, using your debit or credit card. You will need your tenancy number. This is free and available seven days a week. NOTE the service is unavailable for backup purposes between the hours of 11:00PM and 02:00AM
  • By Direct Debit: this is the easiest way to pay your rent. Once you have filled in a direct debit form you won’t have to do anything else. We will calculate your monthly payments and request the payment directly from your bank or building society each month. Please contact us on 029 2046 8490 for a direct debit mandate form or for help with setting up a bank account
  • AllPay 24 hour telephone payment line – call 0844 557 8321. You will need your AllPay 19 digit code and your debit and credit card.
  • At any shop or Post Office displaying the Pay Point sign
  • By debit or credit card directly to your Housing Officer as they now have hand-held chip and pin machines.
  • You can also call your Housing Officer, who can take a payment over the phone. Find out who your Housing Officer is.
  • You can pay by bank transfer or BACS payment. Our bank details are:
    Account name:         Cardiff Community Housing Association Ltd
    Bank Address:    
    Barclays Bank plc
    1-5 St Davids Way
    St Davids Centre
    South Glamorgan
    CF10 2DP
    Account Number:     80048704
    Sort Code:                 20-18-23

We will send you a rent statement at least twice a year which will show you a breakdown of your rent charges and the payments we have received on your account. If you have any queries about your statement please contact us straight away.

What to do if you have trouble paying your rent

The first thing to do if you are having problems paying your rent is to contact us. We will then be able to advise you about the possibility of getting benefits or make other arrangements that may help.

As soon as you contact us, we will arrange a personal interview for you to discuss your case with one of our housing staff. We will talk to you in confidence and try to find a way to help. If we cannot help you directly, we will be able to put you in touch with other agencies. Having discussed your arrears, you will then be expected to make a mutually acceptable arrangement to clear your debt. If you cannot pay your arrears straight away, you will have to pay them off by an agreed amount each week until your arrears are cleared.

So, if you are having difficulties, please let us know as soon as possible and we’ll do our best to help.

You can also visit our Money Advice section for more help and advice.

We do take court action to sort out arrears problems, but only as a last resort. We cannot accept persistent arrears. If you do not make an arrangement to clear your arrears, or if you fail to keep an agreed arrangement, then we will, reluctantly, go to the court to get repayment or, if necessary, possession of your home.

If we take legal action against you, we will only do so if all reasonable attempts to sort the problem out have failed.